LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condor 1553 API_BC_MBUF how to set individual elements

This is probably the result of being new to LabView, but the Condor 1553 I/F has a structure, API_BC_MBUF, which is implemented as a cluster. I'm wondering if anyone has any examples of how to set individual elements in this structure.

I'm trying to change two of the data fields every second and I'm getting wrapped around an axle trying to do what seems like should be a simple problem.

BTW, the structure inside that I'm tyring to update is an array itself.

Rob Steele

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,795 Views)

Hi Rob

You probably want to use a shift-register to remember the last state that your cluster was in. You can use the Bundle function to modify the elements of your cluster. When you need to manipulate array elements I would read the array from the shift-register using the unbundle function then update the array elements before bundling them back into the original cluster

You didn't mention which LV version you are using so here is an example in 7.0.

Hope this helps you out.

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,791 Views)

For the record I'm using labview 8.0 and despite the example I still can't break up the structure that condor created for their API.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,785 Views)

It really should be a simple task with the Bundle by Name function. What don't you post your code or a picture of what you are doing.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-10-2006 11:28 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,782 Views)
The problem is not hard - except for the stupid mistake I was making. When I created the unbundle by name I did not make the connection for the input cluster. After seeing the last example I realized my mistake. Thanks to Dennis and David.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,772 Views)