Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional loop for calculation of discharge coefficient

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aeros08

@jamiva wrote:

I don't know if this is a problem, but can the Formula Express VI handle a "," as the decimal point?

The formula is (X1)**0,75 and when I run it, it ALWAYS returns "1". It appears to ignore everything after the "," so for me, it evaluates (X1)**0

NO, the formula express vi will only work with a period as the decimal separator, not with a comma. The help (RTFineM) clearly states that:

Enters the decimal separator into the formula. Regardless of the decimal pointer settings, 
this dialog box only uses the period (.) as a decimal separator. This Express VI uses the
Formula Node, and the Formula Node does not recognize localized decimal separators and
reserves the comma for another use.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 11 of 15
(444 Views)

Thank you Jens for help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(441 Views)

I have another question related to this concept. I mange to loop the discharge coefficient but now I am trying to do a while loop inside another while loop. After looping the C value, I intend to get the flow rate and plug it to the pid control. The vi is in the attachment. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(429 Views)

The problem with this vi is that when I open the valve and let the air flow instead of controlling the airflow it stops.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(424 Views)

Sorry for the last one, because I did it :)). Thank you very much for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(418 Views)