LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional coloring of a line

New to LabVIEW so apologize in advance if I am asking a basic question.  I'm trying to show the active path in a signal flow diagram I created on the FP by using color.  So for instance, if I have a switch (represented by a Boolean radio button control) and it is set to 1 (true) them I would like to color the line "green" for that switch path while the other path remains "black".  If I set the switch to 0 (false), I would like to do the reverse. 

Is there a way to conditionally color a line based on a Boolean value?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,990 Views)

Property nodes.

If you attach a VI, we could poke at it and give an example of how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,978 Views)

Sample vi attached.  Any suggestions very welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,965 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Property nodes.

If you attach a VI, we could poke at it and give an example of how to do it.

Yes FP >>> decorations returns an array of all decorations and you can index out the one you want to change.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,964 Views)

@chughes119 wrote:

New to LabVIEW so apologize in advance if I am asking a basic question.  I'm trying to show the active path in a signal flow diagram I created on the FP by using color.  So for instance, if I have a switch (represented by a Boolean radio button control) and it is set to 1 (true) them I would like to color the line "green" for that switch path while the other path remains "black".  If I set the switch to 0 (false), I would like to do the reverse. 

Is there a way to conditionally color a line based on a Boolean value?

I recommend a Multi-Segment Pipe.  Unfortunately it's not on the palette.  Here's a VI with one for you to play with.  You can change the colors, size, shape, add/remove segments.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 5 of 5
(1,961 Views)