LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenating arrays

Yes, that is exactly the output I am looking for.  Could you explain how you did that?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(738 Views)

leaf34,

As Matt previously suggested, you need to convert your 2D array of strings into a 1D array of clusters.  Convert the players time to an integer for element 1 of the cluster and use the 'player' string as element 2.  Sort the array of clusters and then build your bracket.  Here's one way to do it.  Note that this assumes an even # of players.

Message Edited by Wayne.C on 04-27-2009 04:16 PM
Message Edited by Wayne.C on 04-27-2009 04:17 PM
Message 12 of 17
(733 Views)

Smiley Very Happy

Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty. - Stanislaw J. Lec

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work - Ben FranklinSmiley Very Happy (-Tomas Alva Edison) the IRONY!!!!

Beware of the man who won't be bothered with details. - William Feather

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(724 Views)

Here's a quick draft on how you could replace all that mathscript monstrosity. Modify as needed. (there are probaby some bugs).

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-27-2009 03:21 PM
Download All
Message 14 of 17
(708 Views)

Note that your text file is "dirty", with e.g. variable amounts of spaces seperating fields. This makes reading it as a 2D array of string impossible.

In my solution, I read it as 1D array with one line per array element and parse the two fields (name, score) directly. Now I create a sort key according to the score and then index out the corresponding names for the output.

Message 15 of 17
(706 Views)

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work - Ben FranklinSmiley Very Happy (-Tomas Alva Edison) the IRONY!!!!

Ooh... thanks for the correction.Smiley Wink It's amazing how many sources credit this quote to Franklin. Still good though. Nice to know people are reading my signature too.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(687 Views)

Troy K wrote:

Ooh... thanks for the correction.Smiley Wink It's amazing how many sources credit this quote to Franklin. Still good though. Nice to know people are reading my signature too.

Yes- Its one of the most often mis-atributed quotes.  One old Russian proverb translates to " Trust always, but verify"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(590 Views)