LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenate arrays

Hi ,

I am detecting Peaks in XY graphs. I get all the information regarding the peak detected ( like start X, start Y, summit X,  summit Y etc ) in an array. Each time a new peak is detected , the information of previous peak (which is in an array ) gets deleted and information of newly detected peak is filled. Now, i want to retain the information of all the previously detected peak, when the information of newly detected peak is filled. It might be very simple, but i could not figure it out how to concanate the information of previously detected peaks with that of newly detected peak. Sample VI would help me better...

Nilesh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,925 Views)
Have a look at shift registers. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,910 Views)

@Nileshv wrote:
Hi ,

I am detecting Peaks in XY graphs. I get all the information regarding the peak detected ( like start X, start Y, summit X,  summit Y etc ) in an array. Each time a new peak is detected , the information of previous peak (which is in an array ) gets deleted and information of newly detected peak is filled. Now, i want to retain the information of all the previously detected peak, when the information of newly detected peak is filled. It might be very simple, but i could not figure it out how to concanate the information of previously detected peaks with that of newly detected peak. Sample VI would help me better...

Nilesh

I assume your code is sitting inside a while loop polling for Peaks.

Then, you ve to use Shift Registers to hold back the values obtained during the previous peak and pass it to the Concatenate function.

Rt click on the border of the while loop & Add Shift Register option will get you started to do what you wish to... Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 3 of 5
(2,908 Views)

Altenbach,

You ve just beateb me in the blink of the Sun's eye ! Smiley Wink

I mean the Sun's rays approx take 8 min to reach the earth. Smiley Very Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,905 Views)
Here's an example that shows the use of a shift register.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,898 Views)