cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer doesn't shut down when PXI Chasis is turned off

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have realized that my computer doesn't shut down propertly if I turn off my PXI-1036 chasis before the computer is turned off. Is this a normal behaivour?

As far as I remember, the PXI-1036 chasis must be turned on before the computer is power on, and I think that maybe on the turning off I have to follow the same procedure.

Thank you very much for your advice,

Héctor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,591 Views)

If it's a PXI/MXI combo then yes, you need to turn off the chassis before the PC since the chassis becomes an extension of the PC's PCI bus.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,582 Views)

I'm a little bit confuse because it's happening the oposite to me:

• If I turn off the chassis before the PC, this one cannot shut down propertly.
  • If I leave the chasssis on and shut down the PC, this one closes propertly and then I switch off the chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,574 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Héctor

The chassis should be on any time the PC is on.  So turn it on before the PC and turn it off after the PC.

This is because the chassis is an extention of the PC's PCI bus, so it expects everything to be available all the time the PC is powered, as a PCI add-in card would be.

- Robert

Message 4 of 6
(2,570 Views)

Thank you very much, that's what I guess about this issue, and no it's confirmed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,565 Views)

Yeah, Robert's correct and I was backwards.  I haven't used my 1033 chassis for years.  Guess I should have tried it before answering. Smiley Embarassed

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,549 Views)