LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility issue with PXI1031, 64bit processor and windows xp

stream data on a 64bit AMD dual processor. Labview crashes once a while. Every time it fails, windows XP gets stuck at the loading logo page and refuses to load. is there a compatibility issue among the 64bit processor, the chassis and the OS? i'm running labview 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,750 Views)
LabVIEW does not yet officially support 64 bit XP. We have done some basic testing, which indicated that the environment generally runs, but we have not tested extensively, so it's quite possible that there are bugs or unexpected behavior.

Regards,
Ryan K.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,750 Views)
Hello,

National Instruments does not currently offer or support products that are certified for use with 64-bit processors and corresponding Windows operating systems. Note that the 64-bit versions of Windows are not compatible with previous 32-bit Windows drivers. All National Instruments hardware drivers currently offered for Windows XP are based upon 32-bit technology and thus will not function on 64-bit Windows. If you have a strong desire to use National instruments hardware on 64-bit versions of Windows, consider one of the NI Driver Development Kits or contact your NI Sales Representative.

Though all hardw
are and software products are not supported at this time in the 64-bit structure, the basic programming functionality of LabVIEW has been observed to passably function. Do you see a common reason for the LabVIEW crash? How often do you see the crash? Perhaps with more information we can grow to more effectively support the 64-bit operating systems.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Liz F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,750 Views)
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,750 Views)
Hello graduate student,
Are you running the 32-bit version of Windows XP or the Beta 64-bit (x64) edition? The folks above have already been kind enough to answer your question for the Beta/64-bit version, however, based on your post in the PXI Forum, I would guess that you are experiencing crashes in the 32-bit version of Windows when you attempt to stream from 2 DSA boards (in a PXI chassis over MXI)? The quick answer is that your DSA boards should operate fine on a dual processor system running 32-bit Windows XP (this configuration sounds like it should
be tested and fully supported by NI). If you are having problems you should report them to us (with details). I will post further suggestions in a reply to your original PXI post titled "pxi-1031 chassis keeps crashing on AMD 64-bit processor".

Hopefully that answers some questions.

Sincerely,
Jeremiah
Staff Product Support Engineer -- Systems Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,750 Views)