Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing LabVIEW OOP Class Hierarchies

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

The Question

Does anyone know of a tool for comparing LabVIEW class hierarchies?  (Like "Compare VI Hierarchies" for .lvclass hiearchies?)

For Example

Let's say I have foo.lvclass in two projects and I want to compare the two instances and their respective members.  Does one instance have methods that the other doesn't?  Does a method or private data differ?

Why?

I have several applications with dozens of classes, many of which should be interchangable, and I want to quickly determine which classes are the latest, perhaps consolidating some common base code.

I thought about posting this as a suggestion on the Idea Exchange, but I wasn't sure if I'm just not seeing functionality that's already there.

Thanks very much,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,942 Views)

Hi all,

I'll take that as a "no."  Smiley LOL

If anyone is ever interested, here's my correlating Idea Exchange post.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr._Jim

Hi Jim,

There does not appear to be any way to do this. The closest functionality I could find was to use the Compare VIs/Compare VI Hierarchies to compare the .ctl files for two classes. The LabVIEW Help topic documents how to do this:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvhowto/comparing_vis/

However, this does not really achieve the functionality you are looking for. Thank you for posting this idea to the Idea Exchange!

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(2,874 Views)

Good morning Catherine,

Thanks for the reply!

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,863 Views)