LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compactrio NI 9073 deploy and undeploy on Digital Module issue

Hi all, i am new to compactrio systems. Currently I have developing some projects using NI crio9073 and I have a digital c series module. 

Whenever i start my project explorer, I have to undeploy my digital module channels and redeploy again in order to work.
If i do not do the above step, I cant control my digital outputs. If i do the above step, it works fine.

Could anyone shed some light please?

Attached is the screen shot file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,341 Views)

Hi,

Looks like you are having the same problem we have here.  I think there is a bug in the scan engine.  I've noticed that this dual purpose module has inconsistent numbering when compared to viewing the items in the Distributed System Manager.  Basically my program works just fine when I use a dedicated digital output module but when I try to use the 9375 it does not work.  This is big problem for me since I need to deploy the rt application and then the undeploy/deploy trick will not work.

Have you gotten any help from NI on this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,222 Views)

Hi AldenC,

I am facing the exact problem as yours. At the moment, I can't find a solution to this and still using the deploy and undeploy method. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,216 Views)

I face the same issue. It looks like the Distributed System Manager shows the DO channels numbered 16 - 31 istead of 0 - 15 like the inputs. I found two workarounds.

1. In 2012SP1: Change the variable Write nodes to "programmatic" and they get replaced by a Datasocket Write VI with a named reference. Edit the named reference to have the "wrong" number so for DO1 it would be DO17. Note that undeploy / redeploying after making the change will cause it to fail again.

2. Upgrade to 2013: It seems the bug was fixed with 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,155 Views)