From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO CAN communicat​ion in custom Driver VI generated by SIT

Hello,

For my application I need to use the compactRIO to communicate with a .dll generated from a simulink model with real time workshop, read and wrtie CAN message and read the second ethernet port. I am using a compactRIO running VxWorks (9025 RT controller and 9116 FPGA).

The communication with the model is ok. Now my problem is for adding the CAN communication in the Base rate loop  of the Driver VI generated by the SIT connection manager.

I have tried different configuration of the FPGA VI but I always have the same problem.

The first time the compactRIO is powered up, the writing on the CAN bus is done correctly and the reading seams to miss some messages.

Then a stop using the stop button from the model control of the front panel of the HOST vi.

Then I  run again this VI (without restarting the compactRIO) and in that case nothing is written on the CAN bus but the reading is correct. I cannot find where is the mistake. Maybe it is in the FPGA VI but I don't see what I am doing wrong.

I have tried to change the priority of the timed loop but that has no effect. I put my complete project in attachement.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,941 Views)