LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact RIO Standalone RT Application with Internet access

Hi,

I am currently working on a Compact RIO and would like to deploy the VI as a standalone application to run independantly on the Compact RIO without the need for a host computer. Apart from that, the Compact RIO also has to have internet access. I have a CRIO 9022 and am unsure how to set up internet access for it as well. Should the Ethernet cable be plugged into Socket 1 or Socket 2? The other end of the ethernet cable is connected to a switch with internet access enabled.

Please Help

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,570 Views)

Hi,

If you're looking for the cRIO to sit just on an ethernet port with internet access then I'd recommend using Ethernet Port 1 either with DHCP or a static IP that isn't in use by your network.

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,562 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. After we set up the Compact RIO to run st startup with a real time application, what other settings do we have to configure to allow it to have internet access? The IP address is static. Also, we would like to have a remote front panel service running in order to view the front panel from a remote browser to monitor our system. Would it be possible to provide me with some step by step instructions of setting this up? I tried the steps from the guides at National Instruments website but all of them require the presence of a host computer, whereas we are building a real time application.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,559 Views)