From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Zebra printer

Im willing to communicate with a zebra printer (ZD421) that uses a usb type communication (USB B to USB A ) . the problem is that the printer does not show in NI max , and i didnt know how to use VISA to open a communication with it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,233 Views)

Hi Amenii,

I scanned a couple of the manuals available on the Zebra website (User GuideZebra Programming OptionsGeneric list of downloads) and it seems like there are several options, especially depending on your configuration and what you're trying to do.

So rather than trying to guess at how to do something you don't need, can you clarify/explain what you're trying to do? What you want LabVIEW to do with the (label?) printer?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,202 Views)

Have you looked at the dozens of posts on this forum about Zebra printers?

Search the community for "Zebra"- NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,178 Views)

What specifically are you trying to do? You can look at this post where I had posted a USB solution which will work with USB and Zebra printers. You would need to use ZPL to send the label format to the printer.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,163 Views)