cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Xbee

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am having some issues to send an API frame through VISA to my Xbee network modules. I have Three modules, one coordinator and two end devices, which I am trying to send a command to one end device through my coordinator. The frame I am sending is this one for reading the SN value on Xbee end device: 7E 00 0F 17 01 00 13 A2 00 41 54 2F 55 13 AB 02 53 4E B8.

For writing some value (0x0C on this case) on SN I am sending this frame: 7E 00 10 17 01 00 13 A2 00 41 54 2F 55 13 AB 02 53 4E 0C AC.

I tried to write another values or even sending a generical message from frame type 0x10, but I can't get anything on the other side. 

I tried to send values from my computer through XCTU, to see if VISA could read, and the reading function is working perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideia why I am not been able to write values on my XBEE end devices?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,690 Views)

I don't have an XBEE nor experience in using one, but I can type "XBEE LabVIEW" into Google and see Tutorials, Videos, Forum Discussions that seem to have "Solved" LabVIEW-XBEE communications, etc.  Perhaps that would be a good place for you to start.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,659 Views)

Hi Mr. Schor,

Thank you for the answer! I've already checked the forum discussions on this matter, but I haven't find an answer to my problem. Many of the issues I've already faced I solved here on NI forum and DIGI forum, but this one I could not do it yet. I'll still search online for the solution, but if anyone has faced the same issues I'm facing now it would be great to hear about.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guilherme.Silva

A quick update: I finally got to transmit and receive data through my coordinator from the two nodes I am communicating with. For that I had to send each byte of the the frame API separately, and I build a VI for that.

So, let's say my API frame is 7E00 1017 0100 13A2 0041 542F 55FF FE02 4953 007E, that requires the IS parameter for one of the nodes. To get to transmit to the coordinator, and then from the coodinator to the nodes, it must be sent as 7E, then 00, then 10... and not all the frame on the same transmission. At the end of the transmission, after you sent the checksum, the coordinator module will send the AT response as 7E00 0F97 0100 13A2 0041 542F 5522 2149 5301 B9.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,626 Views)

Hello

I am trying similar thing and as per your suggestion sending each character one after another like 7E then 00 then 10..but still xbee connected to labview is not transmitting it to xbee connected to XCTU.

I am generating a hex array of the frame and then sending each element of array using VISA Write.

Please help me to solve this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,465 Views)

@vvnayak wrote:

I am trying similar thing and as per your suggestion sending each character one after another like 7E then 00 then 10..but still xbee connected to labview is not transmitting it to xbee connected to XCTU.

I am generating a hex array of the frame and then sending each element of array using VISA Write.

Please help me to solve this.

Something must be wrong...

Spoiler
IOW: we need more detail (code?), perhaps in a new thread, linking to this one?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,460 Views)

This is the block diagram.

Note: The red crossed line is not included in the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,448 Views)

Hi, I'm working on a project with xbee and labview, could you send me the serial port file for labview?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,201 Views)

Como te fue con ese proyecto?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,500 Views)

Hola amigo que tal, pude hacer mi sistema con alarmas monitoreo de variables y guardado en archivos, con gusto te paso mi archivo de labview si me das tu mail , saludos

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,453 Views)