LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with RFID UHF read/write PEPPERL+ FUCHS

I am developing a RFID proyect. I'm currently working with Phidget's RFID. I bought their antenna/tags and modified the vi's they have, and adapted them

to my needs. I just have one problem with Phidgets hardware: the antenna has a working range of 10 - 15 cm, depending on the tag used. But in future I would possibly need

more range. So I was recommended with PEPPER+FUCHS RFID UHF. My question is:

- Has someone worked with these type of UHF equipment? If so, how can the communication be done with LabVIEW?

As I type, I'm negotiating with them, so a demo can be sended to me and tests.

Before I get all the kit, I want to know if this communication can be done. I yet not know if this RFID can be run by native commands (which would be awesome) .

I'll attach some images and information of the respective parts I'm talking about.

In advance, many thanks to all!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,924 Views)

Hi JLuna,

It seems you will be using the PEPPERL+ FUCHS' PLC with a serial communication protocol. The NI-VISA Universal I/O Interface Software should be a good option to set up the communication between LabVIEW and the PLC through the RS 232 port of your computer or real-time target. You can check an NI-VISA overview here.

In case the native comands are not available, perhaps searching for an OPC server can be a solution too.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,849 Views)