From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between Virtual PLC and LabVIEW via Modbus TCP/IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I did some programs on LabVIEW which can communicate via MODBUS TCP/IP between 2 PCs. But now I would like to use a Virtual PLC which deploy a virtual IP adress. Therefore I could use my LabVIEW program to communite with this virtual PLC.

could you please advise me which Virtual PLC that I can use ?

someone here have already try it please ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)

Hi Fred,

There isn't really anything I can point you towards as far as compatibility with Virtual PLCs goes. Since you've worked with the API, you've probably observed that with TCP/IP you just need an IP address. My only suggestion is to give it a try. If you can reach the IP address of your device, you should be able to establish communication.

Thanks,

Peter George

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,958 Views)

Hi george,

Thanks for you repply.

I have already try to communicate with two PCs, and it's ok.

I have another question :

If I would like to communicate with a PLC already installed. How can I have access to I/O (of PLC) from register?

Thnaks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,934 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fred19ni

The PLC software will imply a mapping of the physical/logical I/O onto the MODBUS address space.

This map will depend on the application and should be documented by the PLC progammer.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,927 Views)