From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between LabVIEW and Keithley 2400 with KUSB-488B under LabVIEW 2017 and Win7

@jamiva wrote:

I don't think the error is due to the termination character. The error message indicates it occurred in VISA Open.

I can't remember the exact circumstances, but there was one time "Refresh" wouldn't list all the resources. I had to use the VISA Find Resource function.  Try it and see if your resource shows up. This function is located in "Instrument IO -> VISA -> VISA Advanced"

find_VISA.png

Re: termination

I agree but from the image I can not be sure.

Re: Open

That is why I was wondering about the drivers being loaded. I can not say if something would work OK in MAX but not in LV so ... I speculate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(498 Views)

It only shows serial instruments resources.

It doesn't show GPIB0::24::INSTR or GPIB0::INTFC

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(490 Views)

error5.pngHere is NI IO captured images.

If you see the lines up to 73, it shows these computer and instrument communicate very well (address is GPIB0::24::INSTR).

But the line 74 (I run "find VISA resources") shows LabVIEW2017 can't read and send external instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(485 Views)