LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication ModBus TCPIP Error 6004

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting error 6004 Modbus Exception code: 4.

I'm trying to connect to  a Beckhoff BK9050 with 16 output KL2809 and 16 inputs KL1809.

I used a VI from the Modbus library (MB Ethernet Example Master.vi).

When I start, everything seems to work. I can control the outputs and I can read the inputs in my program.

But when I stop the program and start it again, then the error 6004 exception code 4 arrives when I will control an output. What can cause this problem?

Thanks in advance for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,627 Views)

I'm getting error 6004 Modbus Exception code: 4.

I'm trying to connect to  a Beckhoff BK9050 with 16 output KL2809 and 16 inputs KL1809.

I used a VI from the Modbus library (MB Ethernet Example Master.vi).

When I start, everything seems to work. I can control the outputs and I can read the inputs in my program.

But when I stop the program and start it again, then the error 6004 exception code 4 arrives when I will control an output. What can cause this problem?

Thanks in advance for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,628 Views)

Modbus exception 4 is an error within the slave device.  It couldn't do what it was asked so it is responding back with that message.

It is not a problem with your LabVIEW code, but a problem with the slave device.

You'll need to contact Beckhoff for help on that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Willem1978

Thanks for your reply.

I have solved the problem.

The problem was that the Beckhoff module had a Watchdog error when I stopped my VI.

Now I reset the Watchdog Timer just before I close the VI by transfering 0xBECF and 0xAFFE to register 0X1121.

I got it from http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/170/thread-id/518237/page/1.

Message 4 of 7
(4,587 Views)

Hello RavensFan,

I am trying to communicate with Oriental Motor using Modbus Protocol. But I am getting 6004 Error.

Is it because I am sending the command Incorrect?

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,316 Views)

All we can see is your front panel.

But one thing I see is that you have "Write Single Register" but the quantity to write is set to 2.

Message 6 of 7
(3,310 Views)

Hello RavensFan,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not attach the VI. I am trying to drive Rksd507-cd Driver from Oriental motor by modbus. Learning modbus. and looking for more examples. Any library will be helpful.(Oriental motor with LabVIEW is so hard):smileymad:

any link to modbus example will be helpful(Communicating with adam4561 serial converter).

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,301 Views)