From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with a Thorlabs BPC303 using Kinesis .NET controls

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

Labview newbie here.

I have been through the Labview Kinesis guide and have successfully created a rudimentary VI for a Thorlabs TTC001 that controls and records data. I have also made a simple VI that allows me to manipulate a BPC303 using the Kinesis GUIs in Labview. However, I'm struggling to find any methods that would allow me to control the piezos directly or record information. Analagous methods to getTemperature() and getTemperatureSet() for the TTC001 are nowhere to be found for the BPC303. I've attached images of my programs to this post.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
clewins

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,169 Views)

That is the Kinesis LabVIEW guide, not the LabVIEW Kinesis guide.

You might consider asking Kinesis.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,148 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wiebe@CARYA

Congrats on finding the solution!

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
Message 3 of 4
(2,995 Views)

Buried on the Thorlabs website, there are LabVIEW examples.

The LabVIEW example can be downloaded here: [I have also attached to zip to this post]

https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=12675

NOTE: Click on the Red 'Example' button to download the Zip, not any of the hyperlinks by device on the page. ;(.Kinesis LabVIEW download Example Button.png

Also, buried in the Thorlabs Kinesis Dll folder, is the Help for the .NET interface and details the protocols.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,436 Views)