LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with NI USB-6259 BNC without DAQmx

Howdy,

I'll preface this with the fact that I'm a relative novice with Labview, but I have searched manuals and the web for some answers and come up empty handed, so I hope that there's a straightforward solution to my issue and I just haven't been able to find it.

I've got at NI USB-6259 BNC that I'm trying to talk to with a Mac running OS 9 and Labview 8.0. I have a feeling that that's my problem right there, but this is my situation: I'm actually trying to send a 1 or 5 V pulse to a digital resistor, but I don't have a proper DAC, however I do have this USB-6259. Basically, I'm just trying to use the thing for it's most simple possible function, then I'm just going to have Labview figure out when to send the pulses, which I can do on my own. My problem is that I can't figure out how to communicate with the USB-6259. All of the documentation I have been able to find says that to talk to my USB-6259 I need DAQmx, which comes along with the drivers, neither of which are supported on Mac (and especially not OS 9). Unfortunately, because this machine is necessary for other devices in the lab, pitching it out the window and using a newer computer isn't a viable solution, so I'm stuck with OS 9. It seems to me that I'm trying to do something really straight forward, but I'm not sure what I need to do to make it work in my situation, so I'm hoping someone can teach me a way to make it work. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,063 Views)

Hi lastbasti0n,

Unfortunately, we don’t have support for the USB-6259 device in any Mac OS. For example, in this list, you can see the listed devices that can be used in each OS and which drivers you’ll need to do that. You can try to install DAQmx Base for Mac OS X and use this device, but it is not guarantee that it will work as it is not supported.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,043 Views)