LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating through LAN with PXI and PC

I wish to communicate and make a  chatting program between PXI (server)and PC(client).

I confiigured the TCP/IP with the MAX and check with the Instrument I/O express, the TCp/Ip appeared in MAX, then I write in one side and read other side and then I connected a cross cable LAN cable between the two.

But I am unable to communicate:

1. I am using a cross-LAN cable, is it correct or just a direct LAN cable is better?

2. The PXI and PC has different IP address so should I use the same IP address.

3. Why i am unabe to configure?

4. I tried with example program but still the problem presist. The TCP example program do not read on ther side.

How should I communicate between PC and PXI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,622 Views)

a chatting program???

I am not understanding what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to use LAN to control PXI instruments?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,603 Views)

Communicating through LAN with PXI and PC

I wish to communicate and make a program between PXI (server)and PC(client).

I confiigured the TCP/IP with the MAX and check with the Instrument I/O express, the TCp/Ip appeared in MAX, then I write in one side and read other side and then I connected a cross cable LAN cable between the two.

But I am unable to communicate:

1. I am using a cross-LAN cable, is it correct or just a direct LAN cable is better?

2. The PXI and PC has different IP address so should I use the same IP address.

3. Why i am unabe to configure?

4. I tried with example program but still the problem presist. The TCP example program do not read on ther side.

How should I communicate between PC and PXI?

I wish to communicate between the PC and PXI send some text messages from PC to PXI vica versa.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,579 Views)

I still don't know what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to communicate PC to PC, you do need a crossover cable. http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-10077-how-to-connect-2-systems-using-lan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,575 Views)

Thanks for the link, I wish to communicate from PXI to PC or PXI to PXI

I have checked with cmd and ping xxx.xxx.xx.xxx the id of the other computer, its working well.

I wish to configure the TCP/IP in the MAX, use create new configure the VISA TCP/IP and fill in the IP address manual entry of LAN instument  and finish

But the error appear Unable to open session to TCPIPO::xxx.xxx.xx.216::INSTR

Return status code: 0xBFFF0011

Status name: VI_ERROR_RSRC_NFOUND

Insufficient location information or device or resource is not present in the system.

The purpose of the VI which I want to make is if I write on the PXI the message can e read on the PC or vice versa.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,567 Views)

If the PXI isn't an instrument, I don't know how exactly you are going to make it work doing what you are doing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,546 Views)

The IP addressses shouldn't be the same in the first place. The PC has an IP address X.X.X.X and the PXI has an IP address Y.Y.Y.Y. When you connect with your PC to the PXI board, I guess you have to say that you want to communicate to the PXI on the address Y.Y.Y.Y

Do you communicate to a RT target? Could you maybe specify which NI hardware you have in the first place?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,543 Views)

Thank you for your replies!

I am using NI PXI 8108 and General desktop for communication or NI PXI 8108 and NI PXI 8108 (two PXIs)

There is no RT target, I just want to check the example program using two systems through LAN. Please see the attached file.

But still the configuration of the TCP/IP in MAX gives error and I am unable to open the Test panel.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,528 Views)

Both PXIs are NI 1031 with embedded controller NI PXI 8108

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,527 Views)

I am still trying to write and read from server and client but I get the Error 63, and Error 56.

Please see the attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,515 Views)