From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate with a HP 4570c Scanner

I�m writing a program for image analyses. In the program I want to compare two images, one that is already stored on the hard drive and one that needs to be scanned. Since I�m novice at LabView, I�d like to know IF it possible to Communicate with a HP 4570c Scanner (USB) from within LabView and secondly how advanced the programming is� I of course have the possibility to use Photoshop or an other image acquisition software, but I�d prefer to do it with LabView if it would be possible.

Thanks,

Oskar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,561 Views)
You have two options here. One is to use the new LabVIEW 7.0 USB VIs to communicate with your scanner. However, they are low-level and you would need to be quite familiar with USB communication applications. Your other option is to call a DLL or some type of driver file with the Call Library Function Node in LabVIEW. You would just make driver calls to the scanner and control it that way. If this sounds a bit complicated (which it is!) you can always look into contacting one of NI's Alliance Members. They build applications using NI's software and hardware and might be able to help you out.

Message Edited by Support on 01-27-2006 01:53 PM

J.R. Allen
Message 2 of 2
(2,565 Views)