cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate Tektronix TDS5054 oscilloscope from a LabView application

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Friends
   Good Morning. I am using Tektronix TDS5054 Phosphor Bronze Oscilloscope for measurement pupose. I am stuck up in middle of my work and need some help. I am using an LabView application running on an Industrial PC that has DAQ Analog output card. The application outputs voltages which are fed to an electronic circuit and I am monitoring the voltage input using oscilloscope. I would like the Oscilloscpe to communicate the waveform attributes back to PC thus providing a feedback. I have no GPIB port to my PC. I have a serial, USB, and an ethernet port availabe on my PC. I had searched for drivers for TDS 5054 for serial and was unable to find out...
Thanks for reading my mail
Regards,
Sathya Pavan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Siddu436

Hi Sathya,

I am not familiar with your instrument or the driver, but most of time, drivers will have options for any type of interface your instrument has.  For example, if your instrument has a serial and a GPIB interface, most drivers will provide ways to use both (ie. a Serial route and a non-serial route).  I found this driver on the Tektronix website.  I cannot download it without a user account.  Is this the driver you found?  Please check to see if it has a serial option you can use.  If not, you may have to develop your own driver using the I/O Assistant or the VISA API.  All you will need to know is command set of the instrument and you should be able to communicate.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,588 Views)