LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commucation between CRIO and PLC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,       I'm trying to build commucation between my CRIO9066 and PLC300, which means I want the CRIO to obtain data from PLC, but I don't know how to implement it, could anyone give me a hand?      By the way, I've made it possible to communicate between Labview and PLC by using OPC server, I wonder if it works too in communication between CRIO and PLC.      

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,790 Views)

Can you connect to OPC-server from cRIO? (similas as from PC).
If no, make vi on PC which will get data from OPC and send it to cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,780 Views)

I'm working on that, thanks for you reply!!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vidasll

To my knowledge, you cannot connect to an OPC DA server from a cRIO because it is not a windows target and OPC DA uses DCOM for communication. If it is an OPC UA server, you can definitely use the LabVIEW API from a cRIO.

You could also check if there are other ways to communicate to the PLC such as Modbus.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,752 Views)

Depending on how you want to use it but you can use this API. http://snap7.sourceforge.net/ 

Generally it works fine but If you want a more reliable method, I use SP7 Toolkit (a product of Data Ahead, NI Silver Alliance Partner). You can give it a try. 

Emre

Actor Framework rocks!
Emre TUZUNER
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,727 Views)

Thans for you reply, I'll give it a try!

Regards!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,706 Views)

Hi Matt,   I've considered your suggestion, and I wonder if it is an accessible way to achiece that by installing Linux system to my computer.

Regards!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,704 Views)

Problem solved!

Thanks for your suggestion, it does help!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,612 Views)