From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment on the Global opimization.vi / differential evolution

I'm using the Global opimization.vi which is a realization of the differential evolution algorithm. I'm wondering why the cost function can only deal with one set of parameters instead of an parameter array which corresponds to the population length.

One set of parameters gives only one scalar value for the objective function. But the outcoming objective function variable is declared as an 1d-array.

This is not really consistent.

I would appreciate it if the cost function could also handle arrays of parameter sets (2d), since my cost function is calculated by Matlab and I can not benefit of its parallelization.

Best regards

transfererror

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)

Hi,

we appreciate your proposal. However you should post your idea at the idea exchange.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/labviewideas

In the meantime you can easily adapt this VI to your needs by opening an copy of that VI and editing it. I think the best way would be to share this selfwritten VI over codesharing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,084 Views)