LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment in a running graph

Hello,

I want to make a comment in a running graph(x-axis shows the actual time). This comment should be saved in the txt file, where the values are saved. For example: At 12:00 in the graph there is a maximum of power and I want to make at 12:00 a comment in the graph. In the txt file, there should be saved this comment in the near of the value of power at 12:00.

I read about the LabVIEW Biomedical Toolkit for comments, but I don´t know if it works the way I want to.

Can anybody say if this is possible and if I have to use the LabVIEW Biomedical Toolkit for this?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,907 Views)

For comments in graphs, the simplest is to use graph annotations. Or to place a string indicator on top of the graph.

For the comment to be saved to your text file, it is of course possible, it all depends on you being able to parse the file correctly. What does it look like today? I usually suggest to use tdms for saving data, and there are several ways of storing additional data such as comments there.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,867 Views)

@sara93* wrote:

I want to make a comment in a running graph(x-axis shows the actual time).

Is a "running graph" actually a chart? The answer to that would tell us the best solution.

How are you saving to a text file? If you are streaming to the file, it would be trivial to insert an extra line on demand.

Can you show us some simplified code?

How exactly are you triggering the comment (automatic local max detection, manual mouse click, button press? etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,836 Views)