From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commands sent via System Exec.vi under Win10 Enterprise

Hi community

I am looking to change the time and date of the computer that runs my application (exe) programatically. In win XP through Win7 seems that the System Exec.vi does a perfect job. I.e: I just send the command "time HH:MM:SS".

I have difficulty in getting the same operation done under Win10 (enterprise edition). I think the issue is with the elevation rights level.

I have changed the flag in the register EnableLUA which seemed to have helped at least the basic CMD prompt to work for the same command without having to 'run as administrator'. 

I have also created a manifest file to include in the .exe according to this post although step 6 did not work.  

I should mention that the account I am using is admin - not password protected, and I need it that way, so that the application starts automatically, with minimum give away re OS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

Yannis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,459 Views)

Hi community

I am looking to change the time and date of the computer that runs my application (exe) programatically. In win XP through Win7 seems that the System Exec.vi does a perfect job. I.e: I just send the command "time HH:MM:SS".

I have difficulty in getting the same operation done under Win10 (enterprise edition). I think the issue is with the elevation rights level.

I have changed the flag in the register EnableLUA which seemed to have helped at least the basic CMD prompt to work for the same command without having to 'run as administrator'. 

I have also created a manifest file to include in the .exe according to this post although step 6 did not work.  

I should mention that the account I am using is admin - not password protected, and I need it that way, so that the application starts automatically, with minimum give away re OS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

Yannis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,460 Views)

If you are running Windows 10 Enterprise, your computer's time setting may be restricted by Group Policy settings, so you may not be able to do it at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,386 Views)

thanks for the reply Paul.

I am able to change the time via the CMD prompt - the LV application is trying to send the same command but fails.

Should the rights not be the same regardless of the method of input?

thanks,

yannis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,376 Views)