LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo Text Box with Search Option

Hello All, 

I had the opportunity to experiment on this VI -  https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000fzUTSAY&l=en-CA. This VI works as expected and would require more features to build on based on my requirement. Need your expertise. 

The drop down under the combo box, list all the names stored in the string history.

Dev2018_0-1579807957089.png

Is there a way to add filter to list string text as google search does ? For example; if I stores names like Peter, Peter Pan, Peter Ram and Ela. When I type "P", I want the combo box to list only the names stored under "P". Just the way our Google Search works. 

Can someone help me with this ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,398 Views)

There was a recent post about this.  Check the links to see if anything is helpful for you.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,378 Views)

What have you tried so far?  Where exactly are you stuck?  Please share your code showing what you have so far and we can help guide from there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,355 Views)

Take a look at QControl toolkit.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,348 Views)

I tried this. This is not the one I am looking for. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,344 Views)

@Dev2018 wrote:

I tried this. This is not the one I am looking for. 

What is "this"?  Use the quote button when responding to a particular person so others know what you are responding about.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,340 Views)

You may also try replacing the search array with a Match Regular Expression node.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,317 Views)

Hello, 

Please see the attached code and the output displayed in the Image. 

Dev2018_0-1580415049028.png

I need your help in modifying the code. When I add name to the Operator Name Combo Box, the history is getting added. When I type letter "R" I want the drop down to list only the words/string that starts with letter "R". Based on letters we type, I want the drop down to list words based on search. 

Can someone help me. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,786 Views)

You will want to right click the control and set it to "Update value while typing". Use a NewVal event to catch the new entry, and use Match Regular Expression to filter through the list of possible inputs, then set the ComboBox values to those. Alternatively, you could do an "autocomplete" style where it picks the nearest one and fills out the box, but moves the cursor back to where you were typing, allowing you to continue adding letters for the autocomplete.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,775 Views)

Can you provide me the VI with your changes incorporated ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,728 Views)