LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo Box Indicator: mouse wheel bug or feature?

Both ring indicator and slide indicator works fine even when the mouse wheel property is enabled.

But user can change value of the Combo Box indicator at runtime.

Shouldn't it be disabled, by default, just like for the keyboard?  After all, it's an indicator.

I know I can disable the mouse wheel feature.  It should be disable by default.

Or is there any use of this feature?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,644 Views)

I think what you are seeing is a minor bug introduced by the lack of a "Combo Box Indicator" on the palattes.  You must drop a control then change direction and there appears to be no built in mouse support property written on direction change leaving you with the default mouse wheel support for a control.  Since this is a "windows only" property there might not be an easy way to write the property on direction change without querying App.OS target.  And then what do you do on targets that do not have support for the property?  Change the behavior?  THAT would confuse just about everyone who works with multiple OS's

The work arounds:

• Use the key navigation page and pay attention to mouse wheel support for indicators
  • Add your own combo box indicator to the controls palatte with the right mouse wheel support
  • Write a VI Analizer test for "Indicator with mouse wheel support"

In Short;  this seems like one more thing that can easily trip up a developer.  A VI Analizer test for this could help save us from ourselves.  Consider uploading yours to the VIA Enthusiasts group

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,629 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,596 Views)