LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Com ports not showing after build

I have a project, which uses 3 com ports on the PC.  After building the .EXE it will not run on any other computer.  The program runs but does not see any of the com ports, therefore, will not run right.  The exe runs fine on the development computer.  I am sure it is the way I have done the build, but can't figure out what.  I am using "VISA Configure Serial Port" to configure the port.  Please help!!

Thanks,
Tony Macholtz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,583 Views)
Your's is a very common question. See if the very common answer posted as recently as yesterday will solve your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,578 Views)

Great, thanks.  One more problem.  Now when I do the build it is asking for "Vison Accquisition 8.2.2" I don't see a disk with that version, but why is it asking for Vison, I am not using vison in this app at all.  Can I get around it, can I get a replacement disk if I have lost mine....??

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,567 Views)
I have not seen that problem so I don't now why it is asking for vision. Hopefully, someone else can answer that question.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,563 Views)

Hi Tony. 

When installing some software, such as Vision Acquisition, other drivers will be automatically updated to a newer version.  The easiest case is when you install DAQmx, support for Measurement and Automation Explorer(MAX) is installed as well. If you then uninstall DAQmx, and make an installer that has MAX as an Additional Installer, it will ask you for the DAQmx CD. 

So, in this case, when you install Vision Acquisition, it will update the version of your serial drivers since parts of Vision use serial.  So, the most recent version of the serial driver is actually referenced to your Vision Acquisition CD.  There are a few ways to remedy this if you no longer have the Vision CD.  First, we could download the current version of the drivers that you are trying to install with your application and install them on your PC.  So, if you are using only NI-Serial, you can download NI-Serial 3.3 from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/857/lang/en , install it, and then the reference will be to that installer.  The other solution, which is probably easier, would be to download the NI Vision Acquisition CD from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/357/lang/en and then burn it to a CD. When it asks you for the CD you can then insert the burnt one. This is not the way it should work, but hopefully it will get you up and running. 

Let me know if this works for you!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,536 Views)