From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color XY gra[h using a gradient?

Solved!
Go to solution

hi !!

I have to plot a temparature signal from a set several signals comming from diffrent sensors(channels).The most increasing

waveform data should be plotted. The choice of channels could be random bcoz increasing signal could come from any of them during the acquisition. So, the best (highly increasing) waveform should be choosen from a set. How could I distingush that one from the rest??

Is it possible to calculate the gradient of each signals and taking the singnal with higher gradient??

If so then how can I do this , do I need to store the acquisition data or I can do it directly ?

Any help will be appeciated ...

regards,

Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(683 Views)

This has nothing do to with xy graphs and color gradients, but is a singal processing question and thus you should have started a new thread. (see also my much older comment above).

@hasanma wrote:

Is it possible to calculate the gradient of each signals and taking the singnal with higher gradient?? 

Yes that is easily possible. If your eye can see a difference, you can write code that recognizes a difference.

@hasanma wrote:

If so then how can I do this , do I need to store the acquisition data or I can do it directly ? 

That depends on may factors but you give very little information. How much noise is there? What is the datatype of the signals? (waveform, array, dynamic, etc.). Do you get a single point at a time for each channel?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(673 Views)

Hi !

I am acquiring temparature data from several sensors at the same time and plotting it in real time. In the attachment you could see that I clusterd all the informations from the sensors and used the numeric temparature data to plot from 4 channels in a waveform chart.

Now my point is,  I want to keep the channels shows the increasing profile in temparature and discard the rest which are not giving any usefull information having flat or constant profile.

Thats why i was woundering to save the data for a certain time and measure the gradient and finally plotting the increasing the channels data.

As it is in real time so it will be handy if i could do some thing which does not make delay..

I hope now the the information is clear, I am a new developer so I apolize for any misplacement.

Regards,

Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(659 Views)