From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting digital channel inputs

Can I collect digital pulses on a digital input like l could on an analog input?  I need to collect 4 inputs, each with 32  5 volts pulses, within about 110 ms.  I am using a PCI-6220 card and have filled all of my analog inputs.  I have a second PCI-6220 so I could go with two devices.  I need to collect 4 channels of pulses from a motor and the engineer wants to see the pulses and save the date to file, no counting or timing needed.  The data can be zeros and fives or zeros and ones, just need to see the pattern.
I will be collecting analog data at the same time within this time frame (finite sampling).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,056 Views)

Hi M.Abbey,

For your application, you can use a producer consumer loop with a digital input in the producer part of the loop.

To acquire the digital input signal you can use the following example:

[Open LabVIEW] -> Help -> Find Examples -> [Browse tab] Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx -> Digital Measurements -> Read Dig Chan.vi

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,033 Views)