LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect and store power readings between certain interval of time from Newport power meter 2936R using Labivew

Hello every one!!

I need to collect and store power meter readings from Newport power meter 2936R using Labivew 11. I installed the necessary instrument drivers. I need to collect 10 readings in one second and next 10 readings in next 10 seconds like that. I need to collect power meter readings for particular time interval and store those values. Can anyone please help me in this regard??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hi hariharan,

get the readings and store them in an array…

what's your exact problem?

Where are you stuck?

What have you tried so far?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,938 Views)

Sounds like a simpel FOR loop will do the job for you.  Use an array to determine you waits.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,931 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply sir.

I tried using "get power" option which is available in instrument driver itself. but it is measuring very slowly. How can i get 10 readings in a second.

for example in one second(t1) it should collect 10 readings, and next one second (t2) it should not collect any reading. and next second (t3) it should collect 10 readings like this. 

that means at t = (1,3,5,7,9,.....)seconds, should collect 10 readings in each and store.     then  at t = (0, 2, 4, 6 , 8,..........)seconds it should not collect readings. 

And also I need average of that 10 readings in every second ( t=1,3,5,7....) sec. 

How to construct a VI to measure power between required time intervals.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,929 Views)

I assume you mean the library found here: http://www.newport.com/Optical-Power-and-Energy-Meters-1936-C-R-and-2936/744081/1033/info.aspx#tab_L...

There is a PerfromDAQ.vi in there.  Perhaps that will do what you want.  Otherwise, I'd say you need to talk to Newport about their driver.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,915 Views)