LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding in Data Writing and Error code 200279

Hello folks,

Here's the issue that I'm having.  I'm getting an error 200279 which is telling me to increase the buffer size, which seems to only be a temporary fix for me.  Potentially, I want the program to run over a long period of time and increasing the buffer size will only lengthen the time before the error appears.  So I'm trying to figure out where to place in code to write the data to a file and then clean out the memory so that new data can be acquired.  I read a tutorial that outlined how to do it within on of the DAQmx sub-VI's but I can't seem to find that one again for the life of me.

I've attached a copy of my VI to this program (please let me know if I need to attach additional files and how I would go about doing it).

So two channels are being read at the same time and are being processed by two identical processes.  There's an added sample compression and Write to Measurement File step in each one.  I'm not sure if this is the right way to be going about this.  So I need data recorded over long periods of time (24 hours or so) and a way to access this data (in Excel perhaps).

Thank you for your help!

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,174 Views)

If anyone doesn't want to fix the problem, could anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction? 

I still can't seem to find the solutions provided by the site to this Error code...

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,150 Views)

A lot of the recomended solutions for this error is to reduce the amount of analysis and or file writes that are being done in the same loop or to change from continuous acquisition. Your VI is a bit hard to read with all of those large Express VI and everything spread out but you are doing a lot that requires quite a bit of processing time. The Write to Measurement File is one of the worst offenders. Consider switching to a producer/consumer architecture or changing the acquisition type.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,140 Views)