cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing the Front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am having an issue when my executable start it is running fine when the stop button is pressed then the Vi stop however it seam like the debug page that opens ,I have checked under build specification >> advanced that the Allow debugging is not checked and also in the Vi Properties I have now unchecked allow debugging,

How can I close the Front Panel when the stopped button is pressed ( I know it is preferred to use the X as in widows  however on my level the button is fine for now )

Normal Running VI(App)

a.jpg

Stopped Vi(App)

b.jpg

All help pointer and critics are appreciated 

QMESAR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learning is an endless process but needs to start some where
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,122 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QMESAR
Message 2 of 14
(6,084 Views)

Thank you very much the link and information.I appreciate this ,I am also looking at the Event method but it is a bit out of my reach at the moment.

Regards 

QMESAR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,063 Views)
Solution

Well, this invoke node would be pretty much the last thing your code executes when it is done running, and it doesn't have anything to do with how the user tells the code to finish running. You would put this at the end of your code whether you have a stop button, detect a front panel close, etc.

Message 4 of 14
(6,054 Views)

Thank you very much!

I am reading the info on the link you posted and I will try this out for sure to learn from it and also to try and make it work for my need at the moment . As I said at the moment I do not see the leaves from the trees it is overwhelming all the stuff Smiley Happy

Regards 

QMESAR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,048 Views)

gergoryj

I have used your method and understood what it is dong ,That is all I needed for now .

many thanks again  as a learning curve I would like to learn/ investigate the filter Panel close event that altenbach has informed me , in the next step a few weeks from now . 

I appreciate your efforts and reply with the link it was very useful and helpful at this point in time. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,031 Views)

Don't forget that in an Executable, closing the front panel of the main VI does not stop the process or remove it from memory.

you will need to call the 'Exit LabVIEW' function as well! (Found on the application control palette).

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 7 of 14
(6,020 Views)

Smiley Embarassed

James.

Thank you very much for that I did not know it ,now I do !

I added the Quit labVIEW 

Regards 

QMESAR

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,018 Views)
Solution

@James_W wrote:

Don't forget that in an Executable, closing the front panel of the main VI does not stop the process or remove it from memory.

you will need to call the 'Exit LabVIEW' function as well! (Found on the application control palette).

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is 100% WRONG.  When all front panels are closed, the application will stop and the runtime engine will close.  So DO NOT use the Exit LabVIEW function.  And make sure all of your code is actually complete before that last panel gets closed because it will cause an abort (I have many years of experience debugging that issue).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 14
(6,010 Views)

crossrulz,

Thank you for your reply ,much appreciated.

Regards

QMESAR

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,004 Views)