LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client does not have access to specified VI

I use web server to remote access vi running on the server computer (myrp.vi in myproject.lvproj). When I set the visible vi as "*", there's no problem. But once I set it to "myproject.lvproj/My Computer/myrp.vi", I get the message "Client does not have access to specified VI".

Also, when I try to add visible vi programmatically as the attached pic show, it did nothing. If I changed the string to "+myrp.vi", it worked fine but still get the same message.

rp.png

Can any1 help to figure it out? Thanks.

p.s. I'm using labview 2011 pro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)

Anybody has any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,003 Views)

Hey Eric LZ,

Have you tried adding the VI to the permissions list without the directory path for example test.vi.  I supsect this is causing your issue.  I would also make sure that the server is enabled both with the client and the server.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,968 Views)

Actually, I tried use "myrp.vi" directly without directory first. it did not wor, then I searched online and found the following document, 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/adding_new_visible_vis_en/

but still didn't work.

now I'm using "*myrp.vi" as temp solusion.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,955 Views)

Hey Eric,

So even when you structure the path like this: MyProject.lvproj/My Computer/MyVI.vi you get the vi cannot be found error but when you just use a wild card before the name it works fine?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,949 Views)

yes, for a VI resides in a project, neither "MyVI.vi" or "MyProject.lvproj/My Computer/MyVI.vi" did not work, but "*MyVI.vi" worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,947 Views)