LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing unused lines from charts

I cannot figure out how to clear the unused lines from some of my Waveform Charts. At one point I had 8 plots running, then I changed to only 4. In the properties screen, I see that show 4 lines is checked but I still get 4 undesired lines at 0 in addition to my desired 4 lines. The Plots tab in the Chart Properties box shows options for 8 plots and I can't find a way to clear them. I have a blank array wired to the History input property.

If I start with a new Waveform Chart, it starts with only one line by default, but I don't want to have to do that to clean this up. It seems to me there should be a way to clear the unused lines, like clearing unused array elements.

Is this a bug or is there something else that should be added to the documentation?

Thanks,

Ken St.Clair

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,614 Views)
Charts accept a wide variety of datatypes. Can you attach a simplified version of your program.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,601 Views)

Hi BassBuilder,

Are you referring to the "Plots shown" property on the Appearance tab? If so, that property refers to the number of plots to be shown in the Plot Legend, not on the chart itself.

plots_shown_properties.PNG

The number of plots on the chart itself is determined by the number of inputs. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you for choosing National Instruments.

Aaron Pena

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,578 Views)
Here is how to do it using a property node.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,573 Views)

BassBuilder wrote:

I cannot figure out how to clear the unused lines from some of my Waveform Charts. At one point I had 8 plots running, then I changed to only 4. In the properties screen, I see that show 4 lines is checked but I still get 4 undesired lines at 0 in addition to my desired 4 lines. The Plots tab in the Chart Properties box shows options for 8 plots and I can't find a way to clear them. I have a blank array wired to the History input property.

If I start with a new Waveform Chart, it starts with only one line by default, but I don't want to have to do that to clean this up. It seems to me there should be a way to clear the unused lines, like clearing unused array elements.

Is this a bug or is there something else that should be added to the documentation?

Thanks,

Ken St.Clair

Like Christian said, post code or an image so we can help. Normally just resenting an empty array to the history property willclear a waveform data type chart.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,564 Views)

I found the problem! It was actually the Array to Cluster function in front of the Waveform Chart that was causing the grief! Once I right clicked on that and reset the cluster sizes, all is well. I did not realize they acted that way.

(At one time the cluster size had been 8 and I had copied that one many times. It does not reset itself to the present data array size which would seem more logical to me.)

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,551 Views)