LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Text of "write buffer" When i Press Enter ?

hi Smiley Very Happy

how can i Clear Text of "write buffer" When i Press Enter ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,667 Views)

hi

send me the more details or example code what your try...

Message 2 of 8
(3,636 Views)

@md3848 wrote:

how can i Clear Text of "write buffer" When i Press Enter ?

Assuming "write buffer" is a control on your front panel, you will need an event structure to capture the value change event of the "write buffer" and do whatever it is you need to with that value.  Also in that event case, use a local variable to write an empty string to the control.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(3,624 Views)

THANKS MY Friend

I FIND answer  Smiley Very Happy

http://s6.picofile.com/file/8243012718/1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,610 Views)

No.  Do NOT use the Value property for this.  Use a local variable.  The property node is 1000s times slower than the local variable.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 8
(3,598 Views)

hi crossrulz,

No.  Do NOT use the Value property for this.  Use a local variable.  The property node is 1000s times slower than the local variable.

IF use local variable can't able to controll the data flow.than why your say use local variable..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,519 Views)

Hi Gokul,

in the image the DATAFLOW is (apparently) enforced using a flat sequence.

So why waste precious CPU time for thread switches by calling a property node when a local variable will give the same result in less time?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,501 Views)

@GokulGKM wrote:

IF use local variable can't able to controll the data flow.than why your say use local variable..

A property node does not follow data flow either.  It introduces the exact same race conditions as a local variable, but it horribly slower.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,472 Views)