From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up a dirty voltage signal.

Solved!
Go to solution

NXG.

I have a dirty voltage signal coming into my NI-9205. It is Referenced single ended and we are working on getting it cleaner. Having said that I also know that this is a situation I will be dealing with to one degree or another.

I am wanting to do some math to get a moving average or something to "clean up" this voltage signal. My actual signal is yellow below. What I want is something more like the red.

I know that there are a lot of prewritten filters (not sure if this is the right term) that will do this for me. I read the docs on and off all weekend and at this point I am pretty confused regarding what is what in regard to cleaning this signal up.

I am hoping that I can get some pointers on how people typically clean something like this up.

Image 2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,384 Views)

HI flycast,

@flycast wrote:

I am wanting to do some math to get a moving average or something to "clean up" this voltage signal. My actual signal is yellow below. What I want is something more like the red.

The red line looks like being the average of all yellow "points" (aka samples)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author flycast

Averaging or Low pass filter is probably what you're looking for.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,364 Views)

Ah!

Maybe this one?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,327 Views)

Hi flycast,

this only designs a filter - it isn't a filter…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,317 Views)