LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning MAX without rebooting the PC

Hello,

Is there a way to clean the MAX configuration (DAQmx, SwitchExecutive and IVI) without rebooting the PC?

My problematic is this one.  I'm building a TestStation using LabVIEW/TestStand that will be deployed to different CM around the world.  The OEM is continously updating the test sequences and configuration files and send them to the remote CM.  I will like to be able to update the MAX confguration to the OEM's latest version automatically from the TestStand sequence.

I know I can do it and that all items having the same name would be overwritten in MAX.  My main concerns is to find a way to delete unused items without rebooting the computer as it is not an option on a production floor.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,998 Views)

Patrick,

Assuming you are following these directions below, I can see the requirement to reboot. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C 

It is my understanding that the actual reboot is to get the services which you stopped to start up again. You would set those back running and you should be good to go without the restart.

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,973 Views)