LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classname AbsTime not Found WTH?

Win Vista, LV 8.6.1
OK, so I got around the can't-resize problem of yesterday by trashing the cluster and moving the old contents into a new cluster.

I hadn't edited that cluster typedef in years, but now I want to add some stuff.

One of the things I want to add is a timestamp.

So, in the control editor, I added a TimeStamp control. I changed the timestamp format to be one line instead of two, and saved the typedef, and saved it's parent typedef, etc.

Then I used the old definition (disconnected from the typedef before I modified it) to read some data files, converted this cluster to the new format, and rewrote the files. I've done it a hundred times before.

This time, though, when I RUN my main program, I get an error dialog:
Classname AbsTime not Found. Define.
All I can do is click OK.
It happens 10 times, one for each of these new clusters that exists on screen.

Why is that happening?

I did the whole thing again, this time putting a plain timestamp into the cluster (no formatting changes).

Same thing.

I noticed that I had another timestamp control in one of the parent clusters, so I copied that and added that to my new place.

It works. At least I don't get the error message.

I -DO- get a message about a "datalog type mismatch" - the data files I updated with the mystery control are not compatible with the new format, even though they're both timestamp controls.

In other words, the Timestamp that I place from the palette is different from the timestamp I placed a few years ago.

Any ideas?

Hmmm. I just went through the same thing again, same results. So now I changed the file updater code,so I can run the updater on the old files and recover them.
I discovered that the type mismatch is because the timestamp I just placed there (the one I copied from long ago) is a DBL. The one I placed from the palette is a TimeStamp.

So the TYPE MISMATCH thing makes sense.

Still, what's with the CLASSNAME NOT FOUND message?

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,172 Views)

Never mind - it's not LabVIEW that's screwing up.

The message is coming from a piece of code that I didn't write and it's not in the program's usual alert dialogs, so I thought it was a LabVIEW message.

NEED

MORE

COFFEE 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,153 Views)