From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Specifier Constant found twice

Here is a simple VI in LabVIEW 2012. It is casting to a more specific class and is using a class specifier constant. If I select the class specifier constant and choose Find from the menu the find results show two items that point to the same obect on the block diagram. Why does this happen? At the very least I would have to divide by two in order to know how many class specifier constants are in my program. Is this a bug?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,681 Views)

I can't open the VI, but is it possible you actually do have two, one on top of the other? That should be easy enough to check by selecting it (without dragging!) and then moving it.

If you copy it, do you do then get three results?

(2,660 Views)

The implication is that 'Find' is working correctly and that there is a bug in 'Class Specifier Constant'.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,650 Views)

It's easy enough to make the experiment. Here I dropped down three constants and configured two. Select one of the objects and then goto find in the menu. Three objects produced six search results where the last object added to the block diagram were given first and second place in the listing.

I wish my wallet would work this way; go in for a Hamilton and come out with a Jefferson. hehehe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,642 Views)
I think you mean Washington not Hamilton. but exchange for a twenty?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,639 Views)

I see that this behavior exists in LabVIEW 8.5.1, so I guess it's not an important thing to fix. Presumably it has always existed as a 'feature'. Whatever...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,619 Views)

Maybe put Hamilton in and take out a Jackson.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,607 Views)

Well, Jefferson is on the $2-- so for those playing in LSD (British for pounds, sheckles and pence)

US denominations ("Paper" currency)

Washington = $1

Jefferson = $2

Lincoln = $5

Hamilton = $10

Jackson = $20

Grant = $50

Those patriots each served as POTUS

Benjamin Franklin = $100

If you have denominations of US currency larger than that in your wallet frequently--- well, you probably do not program in LabVIEW for a livingSmiley Wink  But, feel free to drop me a line and I can help with your LabVIEW needs to assist your legal operations. Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,584 Views)