From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel logging

Hi ,

I am using Labview DSC 8.5  and logging data to Citadel database.
But when try to log the data programmatically  on remote machine , only the database is getting created, but the data is not being logged.

But when this is done manually using project library , data is being logged to remote machine.

But programmatically ( by using property nodes ...etc) it is not logging data on remote machine.

I am attaching the vi . What may be the problem ???

regards

Santosh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,054 Views)
Couple of comments on the block diagram, assuming this is actually your vi.

- Wire the error cluster ALL the way through.  It is bad practice to have 5+ error out indicators.
- You do not need the For Loop since it is only running once
- You do not need the case structure for your ModBus Express VI if you wire a constant to it (but you have something in both cases ???)
- Remeber, LabVIEW works on data flow, so a portion of code will not execute until all of its inputs receive data (ie, wire through all of the error clusters and your code will execute from left to right, in the order you want it to.)

Ok, to your question.  Normally with DSC, if you run the vi from your project file (.lvproj), it will automatically deploy your library.  I do not see any vis to deploy your library in the vi you attached. 

Also, is there a reason that you need to create everything with the property nodes??  Why not create/configure everything using the DSC Module Wizard (Tools > Dsc Module > "choose your option here")??

More information on your system setup would help out too.  Are you running your vi on a computer, and it is logging all the data to a remote computer (server).  Or are you developing the program on a computer, and then transfering the .exe to another computer to run it in the test environment. 

Make sure that the remote computer has the full LabVIEW run-time installed on it, as well as DSC (you must have a DSC run-time license if you do not have the full Development environment with the full DSC module installed on it).

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,923 Views)
Another thing that I noticed, you have the Logging.Enabled property unwired.  The default is false.
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,918 Views)
Hi,
Thanks for the reply

1.) Normally with DSC, if you run the vi from your project file (.lvproj), it will automatically deploy your library.  I do not see any vis to deploy your library in the vi you attached.  (It is at the end part of the vi.)

2.)Also, is there a reason that you need to create everything with the property nodes??  Why not create/configure everything using the DSC Module Wizard (Tools > Dsc Module > "choose your option here")?? ( I want to use property nodes because the user should be able to give the path for data logging .DSC Module wizard cannot be used with the exe. )

3.)More information on your system setup would help out too.  Are you running your vi on a computer, and it is logging all the data to a remote computer (server).  Or are you developing the program on a computer, and then transfering the .exe to another computer to run it in the test environment.  (Yes i am running the vi on local computer , and logging all the data to a remote computer ( with FDS and full DSC module installed).

4.)Make sure that the remote computer has the full LabVIEW run-time installed on it, as well as DSC (you must have a DSC run-time license if you do not have the full Development environment with the full DSC module installed on it).(FDS and full DSC module installed )

if u carefully see the previous vi logging.enabled  property is set as true.

Now i tried giving localhost as path for data logging , but only the database folder is getting created.
Manually creating the project and creating shared variable,deploying it, is logging datato any system (local or remote)
  Is there any problem with this vi.
i am attachment the latest vi.

regards
Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,808 Views)
Take a look at the Library Generation.vi in the Examples that ships with DSC.  I think that is exactly what you are trying to do.
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,798 Views)
Another thing to check.

At the very start of the vi, you have the create process.vi.  There are 2 inputs at the top, one of which is called "Data Database".  From the Help file, "data database specifies the logging destination for the data in this process."

Try wiring that, and see if that helps out.

I have not used the Express vis before, so I am not totally familiar with them.  But it would make sense to me, to move the Modbus express vi to the end, AFTER you have created the database, the library, and added the shared variable.  Try the attached vi and see if it helps.

Message Edited by Kenny K on 02-26-2008 11:12 AM
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,766 Views)