LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel 5 service Stopped

i am having big issue with Citadel 5 service on Windows Server 2008 STD 64 bit. It doesnt start automatically and if manually starts stops immediately. i have uninstalled DSC and reinstalled without sucess. i have also unistalled LV2012 SP1 and re-installed without solving the problem. Citadel logging is not working currently. hope somebody can help. here is a snapshot of the event viewer errors: "

"The description for Event ID 0 from source NI Citadel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: Citadel failed to create alarms and events database in this folder......"

Also have these warning on NIPALK which is one of the dependency of Citadel 5:

Log Name:      System
Source:        NIPALK
Date:          6/21/2013 5:58:54
Event ID:      8192
[NI-VISA] [PXI]  Warning: 'PXIPreallocatedMemBlockSize' key not found

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,469 Views)

Hello,

How are you logging the data to the Citadel Database?  Do you receive any errors when logging data in LabVIEW?

I would recommend trying one of the examples that programmatically logs data to the Citadel Database.  You can find the examples by going to Help >> Find Examples >> Browse Tab >> Expand Toolkits and Modules >> Datalogging and Supervisory Control >> Data and Alarm Historical Logging.

Have you ever been able to log proper data?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,448 Views)