From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma 61503 Delay Problem in Labview

Hi guys,

I am trying to solve a problem related with Chroma AC Source and Labview. I want to set chroma using parameters in the excel file then I am going to measure chroma paramaeters. At the final, I want to graph measurements. But it requires 3.5 seconds for one sample and I did not use 3.5 seconds delay. I think, the source of this problem is chroma's set and measure blocks. Is there anyone who face with this problem ? This is my lecture project.

Thanks for your time and concern in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,297 Views)

Hi ibr,

But it requires 3.5 seconds for one sample and I did not use 3.5 seconds delay

So the problem is in your VI!?

Why don't you attach your VI then with your message?

- Did you implement a state machine with states like "read parameters", "set parameter", "wait for device", "do measurement"?

- Does the Chroma device offer any possibility to check for execution of previous commands?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,279 Views)

Hi Sir,

You can find main VI and sub VIs in the attached file.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,268 Views)

Hi  ibr,

put a wait between the ChromaSet and ChromaMeasure subVIs! Use dataflow to ensure the wait is executed between both functions…

Additional hints:

- use AutoCleanup from time to time!

- NEVER hide the labels of control/indicator terminals in the block diagram!

- use a boolean value for "value" instead of the I32 and keep this "value" in a shift register to avoid local variables!

- avoid race conditions like you have in your inner case structure - because of local variable overuse/abuse!

- why do you need so many tab controls/indicators? They way you use them make me think you should replace them by clusters…

- when uploading more than 2 files you should put them in a ZIP for easier handling…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,265 Views)

Hi,

I am going to try those hints and I will write results.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,259 Views)