LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checksum

Hello,

I'm working with CHECKSUM in LabVIEW for the first time.

I design a datalogger LabView program to receive serial data (45 data from sensors + 46th is a checksum) from a tool via RS485.

I have no idea what should I do with the checksum on the LabVIEW program. Please provide me some basic information, suggestions, or examples!

I appreciate your help! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,746 Views)

What device are you talking to?  How is the checksum defined?  I have seen so many variations of checksums, that it would not be prudent to give any real advice without specifics.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,706 Views)

To add a little more detail that may perhaps be useful (apologies if not), do you have a manual for your datalogger/instrument that describes the communication protocol?

When you receive 45 (characters?) of data and one checksum value (also a byte?), is there detail about the calculation that should be carried out in some documentation for your device? Failing that, is the checksum method named?

If there are no more details available, is there at least an example of a message together with its checksum? This might allow forum users to find (based on common options) using 'trial-and-error' the correct method - but this is definitely a less preferred option, and you might not find many volunteers!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,702 Views)