LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out my new LabVIEW plugin, BundleMagic!

Solved!
Go to solution

I spent some time building a LabVIEW shortcut menu plugin that I think is truly useful. it also happens to be the most complex and feature-rich plugin offered on the shortcut plugin forum.

The plugin allows dropping bundle and unbundle nodes, property nodes, methods, and classes by (searchable) dialog. Dialogs are also used for adding, removing, and rearranging node elements.

The plugin is installed using VI Package Manager.  Download and try it out!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Shortcut-Menu-Plug-Ins/BundleMagic-llb/ta-p/4063956

I've provided a video demonstrating most of the plugin functions.

Here's an example of what the plugin can do:

littlesphaeroid_0-1593619714644.png

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I'm very interested in receiving bug reports!

This looks pretty cool!

Sadly I can not find the plug in in the VI Package Manager 2020.

Andrés.

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,069 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author littlesphaeroid

Just navigate to where you downloaded it and double-click on it.  It should open with VIPM.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,031 Views)

I have just downloaded this. Looks like a really useful plugin!!

Well done. Thanks for making it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,021 Views)

Here are a few more examples of what the BundleMagic! Plugin does:

littlesphaeroid_1-1593619714558.png

littlesphaeroid_3-1593619714554.png

(3,005 Views)

@littlesphaeroid:

I would strongly urge you to submit your Package to the NI Tools Network and go through their "vetting" Process, rather than "self-marketing" it on the Forum.  You have already had one responder saying "Sadly I can not find the plug in in the VI Package Manager 2020".

In this day and age, asking people to download something with a cool name that might do interesting things is, as I'm sure you will understand, puts the downloader at some risk, which could be mitigated by going through a review/vetting process.

Or are you asking "early adopters" to be alpha- or beta-testers?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,960 Views)

Hi Bob, tanks for your comment.

I have submitted this plugin through the shortcut plugin forum exactly according to NI's instructions. Feel free to head over there and check out the user-supplied plugins, if you haven't already. Some are pretty useful, all the downloads are available there, and the plugin introductory material offers all the usual warnings about the risks of running unknown software.

I have to assume the the person who could not find the plugin did not go to the linked page where the download is found, and was confused by the fact that the plugin is distributed as a VIPM package, rather than as an llb, as most others are. It's understandable. As I mention in the instructions, the plugin requires a patch to the plugin engine in order to work, so I have supplied an installer in order to make sure the patch is applied and the plugin works as expected. I will try to see if I can make the plugin automatically accessible directly in VIPM, something I still need to figure out.

I'm not asking for beta users, by the way. I'm just letting people know that this plugin exists, since the plug-in page is fairly obscure and I figured most users of the forums would be checking the main forum primarily. 

(2,947 Views)