From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart question with, I'm sure, a simple answer (That I can't seem to figure out). Fixed 'time frame' on time axis.

Hello all.

I'm using charts to record data coming from vibration sensors on a bearing testing rig.

The problem I have (or rather the users have) is that the chart seems to only show a minute or so 'window' of data and it moves along through the day that way.  Adding a scrollbar on the axis helps, but doesn't give a real 'picture' of a specified time range.

We'd like to have the time range of the chart be about 12 hours.  Is there a simple way in properties that you can set the chart to show 'last X amount of time'?  Or at least something greater than a minute!

Thanks for bearing with me.  There seemed to be several posts sorta similar to this, but none really addressing the exact issue.

(2,504 Views)
What do you have the history length set to and how often are you sampling? If your history setting is large enough for 12 hours of samples, then you should just set the x max to that number.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,499 Views)

Hi Ralph,

> I'm really, really confused.

Don't feel alone, this was not obvious to me either.

Here is an example in LV 8.5

You can set the log interval and the number of hours to be displayed.

steve

chart time.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,485 Views)