LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Lines Not Showing Up Until Clicked

Hello! I have an application where I load selectable vi's into a subpanel. I'm getting reports that sometimes when loading the chart vi (that has been running in the background plotting data) the lines don't show up. If they click the chart area (when this happens) the lines will show up. I haven't witnessed it personally.

Any thoughts on what this could be, or actions to perform to help investigate?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(984 Views)

Hi boomer,

charts/graphs, which are invisible, might not be updated…

Can you rescale the chart Y axis after loading into subpanel? This should trigger an update…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(981 Views)

Hey Gerd, that's a great idea and easily implemented. 

Quick question for discussion, why would this behavior happen on rare occasions and not always when loading/unloading/loading the vi to the sub panel? I can't recreate it in the development environment nor in the executable. It seems to happen rarely/sporadically.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(966 Views)

Do you have an event triggering on mouse down on the graph? Maybe that initiates a redraw of the graph and thus makes it display the plot that doesn't show at first. I have seen some issues with redraw on charts but not such that an entire plot does not display, so I will guess there is something in your code that does it. If you could share the code we could help more.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(912 Views)