From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the oscillscope from Tektronix TDS 210 to Tektronix TDS 3032C

I am using my own Labview program to collect data from Oscilloscope.I changed my oscilloscope from Tektronix TDS 210 to Tektronix 3032c. The signal from the Tektronix TDS 3032c has a huge noise now. The singal can be seen only when the probe setup is 1kx.But I have a smooth signal with my old scope.Can this be due to the settings of new scope?If so what are the parameters I should try changing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,844 Views)

Don't know.  Guess it's time to break out the programmer's guide to figure out what's changed.  Unfortunately I don't have the 210 manual or I'd be more specific with my help.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 7
(2,817 Views)

You really shouldn't be changing the probe setting unless you are changing the probes.  I seriously doubt you are using a 1kx probe.  But now you got me wondering.  I might have to go play with some of my setups when I manage to find some time.

There is a bandwidth setting.  You could change that to a lower bandwidth.

Digging a little bit I found that the TDS210 has a bandwidth of 60MHz and the TDS3032C has a bandwidth of 500MHz.  Try the lower bandwidth settings and see if that helps.  I'm 95% sure this is a wider bandwidth issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 7
(2,809 Views)

Here the manuals..... Can you give some help...... (y)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,788 Views)

I'm digging through code I did for the 3034C.  To set the bandwitdth you need the following command

CH1:BANDWIDTH BW

where CH1 is the channel (you can use CH2, MATH, etc.) and BW is the bandwidth setting.  Available bandwidth settings I have are:

Full Bandwidth: FULL

150MHz: ONEFifty

20MHz: TWENTY

So my guess for what you want is

CH1:BANDWIDTH TWENTY

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(2,785 Views)

This did not help. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,766 Views)

Probably time to see some code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,762 Views)