From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing default values in .exe

Solved!
Go to solution

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:
The OpenG is handy but if a human needs to edit the file it is not the most human friendly.

I would say it's pretty easy if you have a simple value, like a boolean, a number or a string. If you have a binary value like a class or a complex structure like a cluster, it's not as easy and you could replace it with something which you would find more suitable, such as XML (using EasyXML or the LV XML primitives or anything else you fancy), although my personal experience has been that XML isn't necessarily any easier to edit by hand, even if you have a program which displays it nicely.

Personally, I usually intend for these not to be edited manually, so I don't mind the format. The main advantage this has is that it's super-easy to use and that the old configuration is not lost if add new values that need to be saved.

(554 Views)

I think you guys are getting a bit off in the weeds for me. I've got a ini file set-up and I an happy with this solution.

Thanks,

~Ross

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(545 Views)